Wednesday, October 21, 2009

About this blog

Hello there!

Finding a good place to eat can be hard enough when you're traveling, and if you're gluten-free it can sometimes feel insurmountable. For a while now, I've been thinking about putting together a website with reviews of different places in Bloomington, Indiana where you can find gluten-free menu items.

And then today, as I was standing in a local restaurant (review forthcoming) asking about the tiny sign advertising their new GF tortillas, wondering why I had never heard about this great development in B-town GF dining, it hit me:
I COULD BLOG THIS, and everyone would know about it.

A couple of you ;) might have seen my other blog for my own nascent food business, Kat's Kitchen. (If not, you can find the link on the right-hand side of this page.) I'd love for you to check out that page too. But this blog will be different, focused only on brick-and-mortar establishments where you can buy ready-made (or packaged, in some cases) gluten-free foods in Bloomington. I'll make occasional posts about places I've found that have gluten-free menu options, and will try to do some in-person investigating to give you a better idea of what to expect when you get there.

Your comments will make the site even more useful for others - so please, if you have had personal experiences with any of the establishments I write about, please add your comments to the post!

You can also email me to suggest other places you've found that you think I should review. The more participation from locals and visitors, the better this list will be.

So. Onwards and upwards. Please keep reading, and do write to tell me how you think this list is doing!

yours gastronomically,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment